Effective July 1st, 2016
Scope of this Privacy Statement
- Collection of Information
- Collection of Information from Children
- Information We May Obtain From Other Sources
- Use of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Security, Retention and Storage of Information
- Your Choices and Opt-out Options
- Changes to the Statement
- Contact Information
Collection Of Information
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, request on-demand services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, postal address, profile picture, payment method, items purchased, and other information you choose to provide. Depending upon the activity, some of the information we ask you to
provide is identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES
When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Information about your interactions with our email messages: we may collect information about the links you click on and whether you open or forward a message, the date and time of these interactions and the device you use to read emails;
- Cookies: Cookies are small amounts of data (often containing a unique identifier) that are stored in separate files within your computer or device’s Internet browser. Cookies are accessed and recorded by the websites you visit, and by the companies that deliver the advertisements you see on some of our services, so they can recognize the same browser navigating online. You can set your browser to accept or reject most cookies, or to notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.) It is up to you to decide whether to allow us or third parties to set cookies, but if you block cookies, you may not be able to view or access some of the features of our Services.
- Web Beacons and Other Tracking Technologies: Web beacons (sometimes called "transparent GIFs," "clear GIFs," or "pixel tags") are small strings of code that embed a small graphic image (usually invisible) on a web page or in an email or advertisement. When your browser downloads a web beacon, the server that sends the corresponding image to your browser can recognize and store certain types of information such as cookies previously set, the time and date that you viewed the page embedded with the beacon and a description of that page.
Collection of Information from Children
We comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, which requires us to notify and obtain consent from a parent or guardian before we collect, use and disclose the personal information of anyone under 13 years of age. We won't knowingly allow anyone under the age of 13 to provide us any personally identifying information online. If you're under 13, please do not register for any of our Services or provide us with any personally identifying information (such as your name, email address or phone number).
Information We May Obtain From Other Sources
We may combine any information collected through the Services with other information that we obtain about you, your computer, and/or device from other companies and sources, including third-party data suppliers and public databases. The following are examples of information we may collect from other sources:
- Name, postal address, email address and telephone number;
- Demographic data, such as age, gender, and income level;
- Your interests and purchase behavior.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Personalize and improve the Services: including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
- Perform Statistical Analysis: We perform statistical, demographic and marketing analyses of users of the POC Metrics Services, and their usage patterns, for product development purposes, including analysis to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, and provide customer support.
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you: POC Metrics may periodically send communications including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of POC Metrics and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards;
Sharing of Information
We may disclose your personal information:
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- If you choose to make the content you save publicly available, we may share that information with others in accordance with the options you select
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our User agreements, Terms of Service, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of POC Metrics or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
Security, Retention and Storage of Information
Your Choices and Opt-out Options
- Account information: You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your online or in-app account. If you wish to cancel your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if you have a standing credit or debt on your account, or if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting your information.
- Access Right: POC Metrics will comply with individual’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law.
- Promotional Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
- Your California Privacy Rights: California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. POC Metrics does not share your personally identifiable information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing
purposes unless you provide us with consent to do so.
Changes to the Statement
We may change this Statement from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, or to the Statement, we will provide you notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review the Statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at email@example.com, or write to us at POC Metrics, Attn: Legal, 705 Main St. #201, Vancouver, WA 98660.